How does an Incident report work in iCare?
In iCare, an incident report is a form that needs to be filled out by the teacher to report any incident that happens with the children. Here's how the incident report works in iCare:
Setting up the incident report:
Only the admin has the right to set up an incident report.
1. Log in to iCare with an admin credential.
2. Navigate to the journal page, and on the right corner, you can see the Incident Report drop-down button.
3. Click on it and select the “Setup Incident Report” option, which will prompt you to upload the incident report PDF.
Filling out the incident report:
Only the teacher can fill out the incident report.
1. Log in to iCare with a staff credential.
2. Navigate to the journal page and select the children to whom you want to fill out the incident report.
3. Click on the Incident Report drop-down and select the Fill incident report option to open it.
4. Fill out the report with the details of the incident, including the date, time, location, witnesses, and the nature of the incident.
Note: The "Fill incident report" option will only be shown to the teacher if the admin has uploaded the incident report.
Viewing the incident report:
Both the admin and teacher can view the incident report. The parent can view their child's incident report if any report is updated by the teacher for that child.
1. Click on the Incident Report dropdown and select "View Incident Report", which will display the Children incident report pop-up showing the report's status, such as the children's names, dates, and actions that were taken.